Start-up information –
legal questions when starting up a new business
Starting up a new business is complex and leads through a maze of decisions. We have prepared a catalogue of questions for you which will enable you to take the best possible route.
• Entrepreneurial questions
- Which legal form is the most favourable for my business?
- Which assessment criteria are relevant for this?
- What can/should be specially regulated in the Company contract?
- What importance does the commercial property have for me or my business?
- What protection is important for my business?
- What obligations do I have as employer?
- What do I have to note with regard to my previous working relationship?
• Questions relating to patents, designs, trademarks
- Why do I need legal protection of industrial property rights?
- When is the correct time to consider scope for protection?
- I don’t have enough time to deal with these legal things. What can I do?
- Industrial property rights are expensive, or?
- Are there promotion possibilities for patent applications?
- What needs to be taken into account when selecting company, product or service names , internet domain and other identifications?
- What does a search achieve?
- What protection do I have by occupying an Internet Domain?
- Are property rights such as trademarksvalid worldwide
- Do my inventions belong to my previous employer?
- How do I design a licence agreement?
- Can I also protect a design or a specific form?
- How can I protect my newly developed software from pirate copy/piracy?
We shall be pleased to answer these and any other questions. Give us a call!
You can also find advice in other disciplines of setting up a new business (taxes, insurance, marketing, design, notaryship) at our OISIO partners. A free self-check on setting up a business is also available there.